Alyssah Milano, a rising star on the hit ABC sitcom “Bachelorette,” said on Monday she’s “done with the whole social media thing.”
The 22-year-old actor made the comments on Twitter, adding she was “done” with the show.
“It’s over,” Milano wrote in the tweet.
“I am done with the social media world and with the Bachelor.”
Milano, who has made headlines in the past for her controversial comments about Caitlyn Jenner, has been an outspoken critic of the current climate of political correctness.
In August, she and fellow “Bachelor” star Nick Viall were banned from Instagram after the social network said they were “harassing” black women and were “not cool.”
Milan, who’s also the author of “The Last Boyfriend,” said she was kicked out of the app “after posting a photo of me dressed as a gorilla and a cat, and also using the hashtag #BashtheBachelor,” the hashtag for the hashtag trending on Twitter during the election.
The actress is the first black woman to ever win an “Award for Outstanding Actress in a Drama Series” for a show.
Milano made headlines earlier this year when she was asked by a fellow “Aboriginal” contestant, who is white, about her experience growing up in the bush in the U.S. “Did you ever have trouble with the police?” she asked.
“Because you’ve always been so outspoken and outspoken and funny and you’re a woman, how do you get harassed?”
Milano said she responded: “I was raped, and I’m not going to lie, I was raped.”
Milanos most recent role was in “Babe,” a Netflix series based on the life of former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani, who served as New York’s mayor from 1994 to 2015.
The show was nominated for an Emmy last year, but was not renewed.